I can’t deny the fashion and lifestyle shopping is incredible at HighPoint Shopping Centre but my favourite little gem is Graina Bulk Foods. The go to destination for a no-waste bulk food shopping experience located in the Fresh Food Precinct on level 2.
Graina stocks a wide selection of organic muesli, lentils, legumes, dried fruit, nuts, seeds, various superfoods, organic teas, chocolates, snacks, personal care, flours and so much more!
Everything Graina offers is in a no-waste bulk food concept so you can buy as little or as much as you want. Hello to no more food wastage and half open packets sitting opened on the pantry shelves.
Nut butters and Nut Mylks made fresh in store. From almonds to hazelnuts to macadamia and more! You can even customise Nut Mylks with delicious additions like vanilla or cinnamon!
Graina’s waste-free packaging is not only good for the environment but also kind on your purse. Paper bags are provided in store or bring your own containers and jars. This eliminates costs of fancy packaging, branding and advertising. If you ask me brown paper bags and glass jars overflowing in your eco tote are oh so eco chic!
Make a shopping list, bring your pantry containers, bring your jars, peruse the fashion stores and then go experience no-waste bulk food shopping at Graina all whilst at HighPoint. Hot tip – don’t forget to grab some milk chocolate coated almonds, they are omg so good!!
Before you visit note these ingredients down to make these delicious chewy, dense Oat Hemp Choc Chip Cookies. All ingredients the below ingredients I purchased from in store. Oat Hemp Choc Chip cookies go perfect alongside a hot cup of tea or coffee.
Warning though, this cookie dough is so good you may just find yourself eating the dough!
Oat Hemp Choc Chip Cookies
- 2 cups Oat Flour
- 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 cup Hemp Seeds
- 1 cup Nut Butter
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Chia Egg (1 tablespoon chia seed + 3 tablespoon water)
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven (fan forced) to 180 degrees celsius. Line two baking trays with baking paper
- Prepare chia egg. In a small bowl mix 1 tablespoon chia seeds and 3 tablespoons of water. Set aside for 10mins whilst you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips. Be sure to add the chia egg mix. Mix till all the ingredients are combined well to a dough.
- Add chocolate chips and gently mix through
- Roll approximately 1.5 tablespoons of mixture into balls and gently press down on the lined baking tray. The mixture may/will be sticky as you work with it. Depending on the size of your cookies makes approximately 24-30 cookies.
- Bake in a 180 degree fan forced oven for 20-25mins or till just lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking tray then move to a baking rack to cool completey.
- Store in an airtight container