Easy Blender Orange Muffins
Got a couple of extra oranges sitting there? Would you believe you use the whole entire orange in this recipe! Thanks to my wonderful Nana for sharing this recipe with me. I have given it a just little tweak with addition of poppy seeds and a yummy cream cheese icing! Let me know if you make them!
- 1 whole orange cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 125 gm Nuttelex or butter
- 1/2 cup pitted dates soaked in boiling water 10mins, then drained
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups Buckwheat flour
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 1 tspn poppy seeds optional
- 1 Block light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup soft icing sugar
- 1 tspn vanilla essence
- dried orange slices I baked my on a very low heat in the oven
- Preheat fan forced oven 180 degrees celsius. Line a 12 hole muffin tray.
- Place the cut orange and orange juice in a blender/high speed food processor. Blend for a couple of minutes or till orange pieces are well processed.
- Add to the orange mix 125gm Nuttelex, 1/2 cup dates and egg. Blend well.
- Add Buckwheat flour and baking powder. Pulse once or twice. Just enough so the wet and dry ingredients are combined.
- Add a teaspoon or two of poppy seeds and gently mix through
- Spoon mixture into lined muffin tray
- Bake in 180 degree oven for approximately 25mins or till lightly golden
- Allow to cool completely before icing
- Combine block light cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Mix till well combined.
- Pipe/spread onto cooled muffins.
- Top with dried orange or poppy seeds if you wish
- Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator
Icing is optional. Or add your own favouring icing/frosting