Cherry season is here in Australia! One of my favourite fruits is cherries, I could eat them all day long! And they taste even more delicious on a warm summers morning in a cherry chia pudding. A little dash of cinnamon and allspice gives a hint of Christmas spice during the festive season. Just a few ingredients and quick to prepare, cherry chia pudding is one to add to your breakfast menu.
Stir through your favourite chocolate protein to boost protein intake and for a delicious chocolate-y taste. Topped with pistachios, crunchy cacao nibs and fresh cherries sliced in half.
A great recipe you can meal prep ahead and have in the fridge ready to grab on those busy mornings, simply add the toppings. Or if you are hosting a brunch this festive season, cherry chia pudding is a yummy recipe to prepare to serve your guests. Simply double or triple the mixture depending upon your number of guests. It is sure to impress.
Meal Planner template and notepads checkout my range here
Cherry Chia Pudding
- 200 g greek yoghurt
- 250 ml milk (your choice)
- 50 g chia seeds
- 30 g chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 15 g shredded coconut
- 10 g cacao nibs
- 1 cup cherries
- Combine greek yoghurt, milk, chia seeds, shredded coconut, protein powder, cinnamon and allspice in a medium size bowl of jug. Stir thoroughly till completely combined
- Cover and place in the fridge overnight
- The next morning give the mixture a thorough stir again.
- Divide between two small bowls or glass cups also work well
- Chop the cherries in half and remove the pips
- Top chia puddings with chopped cherry halves, cacao nibs and pistachios
- Enjoy immediately once toppings are placed