It is hard to believe Christmas is almost here! Still planning a delicious and mouth-watering menu for Christmas? Or perhaps you are in charge of making dessert? Thanks to Goulburn Valley I am sharing the quick and easy Christmas dessert you can whip up within 10mins! Forget about spending hours in the kitchen at one of the craziest times of year. Create a “wow” factor on the Christmas table with this iconic Aussie Christmas Dessert. Peach and Raspberry Pavlova! Yum!
I for one love Pavlova! Who doesn’t? It definitely is one of those versatile desserts you can style to how you like. On a hot Aussie Christmas it certainly is refreshing, especially alongside a glass of bubbles.
Thanks to Goulburn Valley and SPC Australia for making Christmas dessert uncomplicated. All you need to do is pop down to your local Supermarket (I have used Coles) to pickup the below items. Then whip up your iconic creation in a matter of minutes!
- Pavlova (grab two if want to create a statement two layer)
- Thickened Cream
- Goulburn Valley Peach Slices in Juice
- Icing Sugar
- Fresh raspberries
- Fresh Mint
Quick and Easy Christmas Dessert
Peach and Raspberry pavlova
Serves 10 people
700gm Goulburn Valley Peaches in Juice
2 Pavlova Base 500gm (or one for a single layer style)
375ml thickened cream, whipped with 2 Tablespoons of sifted icing sugar
250gm fresh raspberries
Mint to garnish
- Use an electric mixer to whisk the cream and icing sugar till firm peaks form
- Place the pavlova base on your desired serving tray
- Spoon cream onto the top of the pavlova base
- Drain the juice from the peaches
- Begin to arrange raspberries and peaches onto of the creamed pavlova base.
- Gently add the second pavlova on top of the base pavlova
- Repeats steps 3-5 on the second pavlova
- Finish the pavlova with a few mint leaves to garnish
For more recipes to get you inspired visit www.spc.com.au
(Pavlova creation kit kindly gifted by Goulburn Valley and SPC Australia. Whilst this was gifted the creation of this blog post was at my own choice)